ACNW WECHAT QR CODE
查看: 3714|回复: 2
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Post-game quotebook: What the Giants

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2019-1-11 15:46:33 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
were saying following late loss in Carolina The New York Giants fell in heartbreaking fashion on Sunday afternoon New York Giants Hats , dropping their fourth loss of the season to the Carolina Panthers 33-31. Panthers kicker Graham Gano hit a 63-yard field goal to win the game. Let’s take a look at what the players are saying following the tough loss. Landon Collins on how the Giants locker room is dealing with Odell Beckham’s comments from earlier this week...“I don’t know what comments you guys are talking about,” Collins said. “I didn’t hear about them, but when Odell [Beckham] came to talk to us, he spoke from the heart, he talked gratefully, and we knew where he was coming from. We knew he was coming from the heart, so you know he’s a great teammate, a great guy, a great person and a leader. This offense, this team, we have to look up to him, so we knew where he was coming from.”Panthers quarterback Cam Newton on Gano’s game-winning kick...“I am happy that we got a kicker like that,” Newton said. “A wise man once told me that a great quarterback is only as good as his kicker. Over the years you see so many quarterbacks get bailed out by the kickers. I shouldn’t say bailed out, I’ll just say helped out and Graham put the whole team on his back today. Well, on his toe today.”Gano on the reaction on the field following his game-winning kick...“That was madness,” Gano said. “That’s the only word I can use to explain it. I just don’t think it’s hit me yet. I was going nuts. I think the first thing I saw was Mike (Palardy) reacting that it went in because I couldn’t really see over those giants in front of us – not the other team New York Giants Womens Hoodie , just our offensive lineman. But I just have no words for it.”Saquon Barkley on the on the go-ahead touchdown...“At the moment, it felt great,” Barkley said. “We wanted to go down and find a way to score and put seven on the board. We needed seven on the board. Coach, the offensive coordinator and the whole offensive staff called great plays and put us in great positions to get into the end zone. We found a way to get into the end zone. Like I said, Carolina came up with a 63-yard field goal. I don’t know what else you can say about that. We played our butt off and you have to give credit where credit is due. They made a 63-yard field goal and won the game.“Beckham on regretting any comments criticizing head coach, Pat Shurmur and teammates...“I don’t regret anything, I don’t regret anything that I said,” Beckham said. “If it took that for us to come together as a team like we did today, I can take that every single time. I spoke to the team just to kind of relay the message that sometimes stuff comes off the wrong way. Words can be portrayed in any kind of light. The conversation is between us. But the way we responded as a team to what was said, I felt like it would’ve been too easy after what was said, and after what I said to them for us to come in here and have heart, energy and all that stuff. Grit, whatever the words you want to use for that. We had it today, and we came up short, but I’m proud of this team, and this is the team that we are going to be for the rest of the season. Like I said Womens Customized New York Giants Jerseys , if it took that to get us going, I can take that. I’m trying to be a leader, I’m in a position I’ve never been in. I’m trying to grow, I’m learning on the way, on the fly, but I’m proud of where we went today. We gave it our all, we came against adversity, calls here and there. We can never rely on the referees to win the game, but there was calls here and there that were questionable or this and that, but we kept fighting, kept fighting, and kept fighting. That’s all I could ask for.” Tom Coughlin wants no part of the spotlight this week.He has declined several interview requests as Jacksonville prepares to open the season against Coughlin's former team, the New York Giants. Coughlin is entering his second year as Jacksonville's executive vice president of football operations, working mostly behind the scenes.Coughlin's sure to get extra attention Sunday when he faces the Giants for the first time since his resignation as head coach in January 2016."I don't spend any time thinking about that," Coughlin said in April, the day after the NFL schedule was released. "We knew the teams we were going to play. We didn't know the order www.giantscheapshops.com , so to go to New York for the opening of the season, it'll be an exciting atmosphere obviously. It's Opening Day, so everybody will be excited, everybody will look forward to the opportunity to go to New York and play against a very good football team."The Jaguars enter the season with arguably the highest expectations in franchise history, and the 72-year-old Coughlin has played a significant role in the team's rise from perennial loser to preseason favorite in the AFC South.Coughlin's presence and prowess reshaped every aspect of the team, far beyond setting the clocks five minutes ahead.Discipline, accountability, legitimacy, Coughlin brought all of them with him when he returned to the team he helped build in 1995. His reputation was established in Jacksonville, where he was the franchise's first head coach (1995-2002) and the One Voice who made every decision — from who threw the passes to who ran the salary cap to what color paint was on the walls.His resume, though, was enhanced in New York thanks to two Super Bowl victories in 12 seasons.As the league changed, so did Coughlin. He became less of an unbending taskmaster, focusing more on Xs and Os than off-the-field nuances. His fingerprints remain on the Giants roster even though he's been gone 2 陆 years."Some franchises haven't won a Super Bowl, and he helped this franchise win two," first-year Giants coach Pat Shurmur said. "He was here for 12 years. A lot of the people here worked with him his whole time here."Shurmur reached out to Coughlin "just to gain some perspective" shortly after getting the job in January."I admire him in a lot of ways for who he is as a man and what he's done as a coach New York Giants T-Shirt ," said Shurmur, who is planning to attend Coughlin's charity gala later this month in New York City. "A lot of what I know about Tom I get a chance to hear about here frequently."Giants quarterback Eli Manning expects to chat with Coughlin on the field before kickoff."Obviously still have a great relationship with coach Coughlin and cherish the time that we had and appreciate those 12 years of him being my head coach," Manning said. "But besides that, I look at this game and say it's the Giants against the Jaguars, and I'm trying to get our offense prepared to go against that defense."Coughlin and Marrone have an old-school team constructed around one of the league's best defenses , a unit that returns 12 of its top 14 players and expects to carry the Jags back to the playoffs.It's also part of the featured matchup Sunday: Manning, star receiver Odell Beckham and rookie running back Saquon Barkley against Jacksonville's vaunted front, All-Pro cornerback Jalen Ramsey and two of the fastest linebackers in the league."It's more of us living up to what we expect," Jaguars Pro Bowl linebacker Telvin Smith said. "Even when the show gets started, a lot of people's narratives might change. But ours is not; ours is going to stay the same. ... We expect to go out and be great and dominate games."It starts Sunday in New York, against the Giants and in conjunction with Coughlin's under-the-radar return."Definitely we'd like to win this game just regardless," Jaguars All-Pro defensive end Calais Campbell said. "But it'd feel even better for TC, and we'll try to get it done for him."

分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏
回复

使用道具 举报

沙发
发表于 2020-12-26 15:26:42 | 只看该作者
I love the quotebook where we can learn so much new about the story and thoughtful energy with being positive and sometime I visit to https://www.essaygeeks.co.uk/programming-assignment-help/ to get my things done so i can read your quote all day long as I love reading and enjoying my time for sure.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

板凳
发表于 2021-11-16 21:41:21 | 只看该作者
Nice thread! Thanks! Every day, Google gets asked hundreds of thousands of questions about how to study better
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

友情推荐上一条 /2 下一条

手机版|Archiver| 澳洲新闻在线  

Copyright © 2012 - 2020 | All Rights Reserved.