ACNW WECHAT QR CODE
查看: 3695|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Brandon Saad Jersey

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2018-9-30 18:28:51 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
  Austin Bibens-Dirkx earned his first victory of the season Brandon Saad Jersey , shutting down a struggling Kansas City Royals squad that’s wondering when it will get its next win.Bibens-Dirkx pitched effectively into the seventh inning, Rougned Odor homered and the Texas Rangers extended their winning streak to a season-high five games with a 3-2 victory Wednesday night.
Bibens-Dirkx (1-1) allowed one run and five hits in 6 2/3 innings for his first win since last Sept. 6 in a relief appearance at Atlanta – and sent the Royals to their ninth straight loss.
”The first two starts didn’t quite go as I had wanted,” Bibens-Dirkx said, ”so to get another opportunity and to come out here and do what I feel like I can do on a pretty consistent basis was nice.”
Kansas City’s slump is its longest this season, and the Royals have dropped 15 of 16 overall and been outscored 102-38 while losing 16 of 18 in June. Their worst June in franchise history was 7-19 in 1970, the team’s second year in existence. The Royals will wind up June with nine games against the Astros, Angels, Brewers and Mariners, clubs above .500.
Bibens-Dirkx, a 33-year-old right-hander, spent 12 years in the minors, including two seasons with independent league teams before making his big league debut last year. He was called up to replace Yohander Mendez, who was sent to Triple-A Round Rock on Tuesday after violating team rules.
Jake Diekman worked the ninth for his second save, but not before yielding a leadoff homer to Mike Moustakas. The game ended when Hunter Dozier was thrown out at second on a delayed steal.
”It’s perfect timing,” Royals manager Ned Yost said to steal. ”You probably haven’t noticed that we’ve been having trouble bunching some hits together. It’s a chance to maybe hopefully catch them by surprise and get into scoring position and one hit will tie the ballgame up and keep us going.”
Yost acknowledged that Isiah Kiner-Falefa making his first big league start behind the plate factored into the decision to send Dozier. His throw nearly hit Diekman in the head.
”It was kind of scary, a crazy, crazy way to end the game Authentic Louis Domingue Jersey ,” Kiner-Falefa said. ”It worked out. Everything worked out. That was close. I was kind of in shock that he was out. I was just glad it didn’t hit Jake, honestly. I tried to adjust my throw last second and saw it bounce, but that was close.”
Diekman just avoided being hit.
”I was shocked – that the ball was thrown, that he was running at all – but it was my bad for not getting out of the way,” Diekman said. ”It ended the game and it didn’t hit me, so we’re good.”
Odor homered into the Royals’ bullpen with two outs in the sixth on a 1-2 pitch from Royals starter Jakob Junis, who has lost his last five starts and has not won since May 18. Junis (5-8) has given up 19 home runs to tie for the American League lead. He allowed three runs and five hits with four walks and a hit batter.
”I’ve given up a lot of home runs this year,” Junis said. ”It’s something I’m conscious about. I’m trying to keep in the ball park because when I do that’s when I have more success. I can’t pinpoint on it on one exact thing.”
Shin-Soo Choo led off the game with a single, extending his on-base streak to 34 games. He stole second, moved to third on Elvis Andrus‘ high chopper back to Junis and scored on Nomar Mazara’s fly out to center,
The Rangers loaded the bases with no outs in the second on singles by Jurickson Profar and Odor and Joey Gallo’s first of three walks. The Rangers, however, converted that into only one run when Kiner-Falefa grounded into a double play.
Alex Gordon singled with one out in the Kansas City second and scored on Dozier’s double.
HYPHENATED BATTERYMATES
Bibens-Dirkx and Kiner-Falefa became the first starting pitcher and catcher in big league history with hyphenated last names.
WHO’S CLOSING?
After the Royals traded closer Kelvin Herrera to Washington, who will inherit that role? ”All of them,” Yost said of his relievers. ”Opportunity exists down there. We’ll have to see who takes advantage of it. I’ll look at different guys, but I would prefer one guy to emerge, take advantage of the opportunity. But it’s wide-open right now.”
TRAINER’S ROOM
Rangers: LHP Martin Perez (elbow discomfort) threw batting practice to C Robinson Chirinos and OF Carlos Tocci. He is hopeful to begin a minor league rehab assignment Monday. ”There were some quality pitches inside the set Aaron Ekblad Jersey , like a guy that was getting ready to take the next step of the rehab process,” Banister said. … RHP Chris Martin (right calf strain) also threw to hitters. He is eligible to come off the disabled list Friday. ”He’s close,” Banister said.
UP NEXT
Rangers: Off on Thursday before opening a weekend series Friday at Minnesota with LHP Mike Minor (4-4, 5.35) starting.
Royals: Travel day on Thursday to Houston, where LHP Danny Duffy (3-7, 5.55) will start the series opener Friday.
EAGAN, Minn. (AP) — Jacksonville and Minnesota each fell one game short of the Super Bowl last season, and they had another important trait in common, too.
Dominant defense.
The Vikings finished first in the NFL last season with both the fewest yards and points allowed, and that didn’t go unnoticed by the Jaguars. They were second and, naturally, not pleased about it.
These joint practices the teams conducted in Minnesota this week naturally gave Jacksonville’s proud group another opportunity to show off those skills, even if there was no obvious way to compare. Jaguars coach Doug Marrone even needled his players a little before the trip as another way to bring out their best.
As the second day of sessions at the sparkling, sprawling Twin Cities Orthopedics Performance Center in suburban Minneapolis wrapped up after a thunderstorm interruption on Thursday afternoon, the takeaway was clear from both sides.
That other team is good.
The time was well spent.
“I would consider it again. I think it depends on the team and things like that. Both teams were very respectful of one another,” Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said after practice. “There was really no fighting or nothing like that. No trash talking. It went really smooth.”
The Jaguars and Vikings will play on Saturday afternoon at U.S. Bank Stadium. Then they’ll go their separate ways for likely a few years, unless they are able to take that final step and match up in the Super Bowl. This experience Jean-Gabriel Pageau Jersey , particularly facing these star-packed defenses, ought to stick with them for a while.
“It’s a great reminder of why practice is so important every week during the season,” Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins said, “because each defense has those nuances that, if you’re not on top of it, will make for a long day on Sundays.”
Fortunately for the Vikings, the Jaguars aren’t on their 2018 regular-season schedule. Defensive end Calais Campbell had a disruptive couple of days going against the Vikings and their injury-thinned offensive line.
“They’ve got names, they’ve got experience, and they’ve got production,” Cousins said. “Certainly that’s where a lot of great defenses are founded, is on the defensive line. I have a lot of respect for their group up front.”
Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles had his share of plays thwarted by the Vikings.
“When you see the matchups and you look at the talent on the other side of the ball, you’re looking at that and you’re saying, ‘Listen, these are the type of players that you have to go against to be a heck of a football team in the NFL,'” Marrone said.
For Vikings running back Dalvin Cook, who’s now past the 10-month mark in his recovery from reconstructive ACL surgery on his left knee that cut short a promising rookie season, the Jaguars defense was a welcome sight.
“I was pumped up. It actually felt like I was going into a game Jakub Voracek Jersey Kids ,” said Cook, who was held out of the exhibition opener at Denver last week and might remain on the sideline as a precaution on Saturday.
Though there were no late hits or unnecessarily rough stuff, facing the Jaguars gave Cook some valuable time against a defense that wasn’t his own.
“Your guys take care of you, but with those guys coming in you have to react a little different,” Cook said. “You have to cut. You have to do things differently. We take care of those guys, but there is just a little different vibe to it. You have to have a little pep in your step.”
One of the players not present remained a primary talking point: Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey. He was left behind for disciplinary reasons and, earlier this week, made waves for his blunt commentary about opposing quarterbacks around the league published in a GQ magazine article .
“He has opinions, and he likes voicing them. That makes him a special guy. I love how authentic he is. He doesn’t beat around the bush at all. That might make some guys try to play their best games against us, but that’s how it’s supposed to be anyway,” Campbell said, adding: “We’ll rally behind him, we’ll play hard together and hopefully we can make him look like he knows what he’s talking about.”
Womens Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys

分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

友情推荐上一条 /2 下一条

手机版|Archiver| 澳洲新闻在线  

Copyright © 2012 - 2020 | All Rights Reserved.